The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU 2.8.2 Uploaded movies show title but no movie link, or embedded script ? (6 posts)

1. macslayer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello All,

I have a MU 2.8.2 Installation that is uploading movies fine in flash or non-flash dialogs, but when I preview/view the posts all I get is
    the title that was given ? Any ideas ? I checked the upload dirs and the files there, and all are 755 permissions. Hmm.

Thanks,
    Bob Bell

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you clicking on "Insert into Post" after they are uploaded and saved?

Also, with movies you typically need a plugin that provides playback functionality. Until version 2.9 of WordPress comes out, there isn't any movie embedding done by default.

3. macslayer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, I am hitting the Insert into Post. I have tried .flv and .mmv file types too. If I clink on the File URL or Post URL those links show up fine (did not see that part). Is this supposed to be the behavior ?? I assumed there would be an embedded player in post or something of that nature.

Ahhh, I just read the rest of your post, so I need a playback functionality plug-in, any recommendations ? Or should I just advise the blog admins to upload to youtube and link to that ?

Thanks,
    Bob

4. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

You can try something like Viper's Video Quicktags. Also search the plugin repository as there are a number of plugins that give this functionality.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If they are uploading videos directly to the server, then embedding into the posts, try the WordTube plugin (it's in the wp.org repo)

6. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the problem solved - please see the post

http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wpmu-triden

Another hack that works --

No plugins, no loading additional external software --- I can't believe this is that easy to resolve

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by macslayer
  • Latest reply from rsgrone