The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Giving all users a role on wpmu_new_blog? (3 posts)

1. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm already using a code snippet found on the forums that gives a role to new users on all blogs. Now I'd like all current users to continue becoming 'subscriber's on every new blog that, I the admin, creates.

Although many posts on here are looking for similar things using 'wpmu_new_blog' I can't quite find code close enough for me to tweak. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Even tho new users aren't listed as subscribers, they do have the same abilities as if they were.

That is, they can comment if you require someone to be logged in to comment.

Was there some use you were looking for them aside from that? Like a mailing list, etc..?

(subscribers is kind of a misnomer as they aren't actually ever subscribed to anything list a list or feed)

3. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

I want all users to post on all blogs. I'm using the Role Manager plugin to allow all subscribers to post instead of changing all subscribers to authors. So really my issue is just giving everyone a role, in this case a modified 'subscriber', upon my creation of each new blog.
    I hope I'm making myself clear. Thanks Andrea.

About this Topic