The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Extreme font problems Firefox vs IE (7 posts)

1. Crystal35
    Posted 17 years ago #

In all the sites I've done, in all the wp blogs I've set up, I've never encountered anything like this before lol.

In Firefox, my WPMU appears fine to me, but in IE, the font is absolutely massive. Unfortunately, I didn't think to check between the two browsers during my set up..

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

http://wahmsunited.com/events/

Thanks!

2. PleaseHelp
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you using Microsoft Clear Type "driver" ?
    I'm asking that because I have a similar problem: in IE fonts are not small, picosmall, but this is limited to my personal computer wich use MS Clear Type, no problem at all on others computer.

3. Crystal35
    Posted 17 years ago #

No, I'm not using that driver. It wouldn't be too bad if it was just my computer seeing the jumbo fonts, but it's not. A friend alerted me to the problem.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's a known problem with MS not following standards. It's one of the reasons why some designers create their own style sheets just for IE. MS has a diferrent starting size for their text comparied with the other browsers. When folks just use percentages in their style sheets, it happens.

Comes up about once a month over on the WP.com forums.

The solution is to get theme designers to write their themes using pixel measurements but then that would not allow folks to adjust the text size in their browsers. It's a catch 22 basically.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's just a lightly modified Kubrick, so your best bet would be to validate the page. Clearing up the 12 errors I saw might at least help narrow it down.

6. Crystal35
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok thanks.. honestly I've never paid much attention to validation (slap my wrist lol), but I guess it's definately time to start!

I'll have a peek through the css too.. I'm used to the % way of doing things, but am familiar with using pixel sizes too.

I appreciate the advice!

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

For some reason validation is big over in wp.com land.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Crystal35
  • Latest reply from drmike