The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to allow self-registration to a particular blog in MU? (3 posts)

1. jephperro
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I have a Wordpress MU instance installed.

I allow self-registration, and self-creation of blogs.

I have a user who has created a blog for a Chemistry class. He wants his 100 students to be able to self-register and become authors on this blog.

How do I do this? It would be very painful to have to add the 100 students one by one as the administrator. Besides that, we don't actually have a list of the 100 email addresses.

I need a way that people can either request to become part of the blog, or automatically start contributing right away.

There is an added complication, that the students may already have a blog on our instance of Wordpress MU. They cannot re-register with the same email address, so how can they self-request to become editors of the Chemistry blog.

Any plugins that can help?

2. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check this article with the modified plugin of DagonDesign's Import Users Plugin. The mod doesn't need username nor email.

3. jephperro
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sigh.... That plugin mod of course DOES require username and email. It is a method of mass creating accounts.

I want people to self register. The best solution I have found so far is a somewhat buggy plugin called Register Plus http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/register-plus/

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jephperro
  • Latest reply from jephperro