The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp_query problem with cutom page loop (3 posts)

1. mattloak
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just migrated a site over from WP to WPMU and all went fine except for one page that no longer works. It was a page template that had a custom loop of pages using the following code:

<?php $page_query = new WP_Query('post_type=page&post_parent=2&orderby=ID&order=ASC&showposts=20'); ?>
            <?php while ($page_query->have_posts()) : $page_query->the_post(); ?>
            <!-- Post Starts -->
            <div class="post wrap"> 

<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>">

<h2 class="author_title"><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
              </a>
              <h3 class="author_title"><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "auth_title", $single = true); ?></h3>
    		<p><?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "page_excerpt", $single = true); ?> <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" class="more">Read More >></a></p>
            </div>
              <?php endwhile; ?>

Now that I'm on WPMU that page is blank. Its not breaking the template, the header and footer still show but the content area is completely blank. I have searched for a while for all the different functions but couldn't find anyone with similar problems. Anyone have any insight why this loop is not working on WPMU?

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check your post_parent variable in the WP_Query string. That likely changed in your migration. Otherwise it looks like the code should work.

3. mattloak
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Tim, that was it! I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't catch that myself. I get so frustrated with code sometimes I am quick to assume that there is some big complicated problem.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by mattloak
  • Latest reply from mattloak