The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

An Unexpected HTTP Error occurred during the API request. (11 posts)

1. chargertech
    Posted 14 years ago #

I started getting this error a few days ago. I updated from 2.8.4 to 2.8.5 and still it happens.

90% of the time when I click on any of the links in the admin area (pages, posts, plugins, etc.) I get this error. I can keep hitting try again, usually it doesn't work. If I click visit site and then come back into the backend it seems to work 50% of the time. There is only one blog in the install. I haven't installed anything new before this started happening. It was fine for a month without any new plugins or anything.

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you gone all the way up to 2.8.2? Donncha did a couple of point releases pretty quickly after 2.8.5 came out to squash some bugs.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

2.8.5.2 you mean. :D

4. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah, number's too long... :P

5. chargertech
    Posted 14 years ago #

I updated this morning, what ever version that was.

6. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just to be sure, can you go through and deactivate all your plugins and see if that helps? I haven't been able to replicate the problem on my end yet.

7. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I suspect it must be a plugin interaction as no-one else has reported anything like that.

8. mcthemes
    Posted 14 years ago #

Same problem here!(An Unexpected HTTP Error occurred during the API request.Try again)

9. thewebcoach
    Posted 14 years ago #

Argh! Me too!

Help!

**UPDATE**
    I disabled all 10 of my plugins and was able to get to the wp "plugins" area again.

My guess is that one of my plugins is causing chaos.

I have installed:

Akismet
    Custom Forms For 1ShoppingCart.com Accounts
    DISQUS Comment System
    FollowMe
    jQuery Lightbox
    Sociable
    Thesis OpenHook
    WordPress.com Stats
    WP Super Cache

Follow me, wordpress.com stats and jQuery lightbox were the last ones installed.

I also noticed my site was really slow to load. Activating each one by one to isolate possible cause.

10. thewebcoach
    Posted 14 years ago #

All,

It appears the culprit is Disqus comment system. At least for me.

11. extesy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same problem with 2.8.5.2, started about week ago. I have removed all plugins (physically moved plugins and mu-plugins folders to different directory), but that didn't help. I've tried increasing timeout in wp-includes/http.php but it just makes WP wait longer before returning the same error. Please help!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by chargertech
  • Latest reply from extesy