The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

problem upload files - can't carete a folder... (10 posts)

1. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello there,
    I can't upload any file to my site from wordpress control panel. It always shows me an error message that says it can't create the folder..
    I check the permission of the folder blogs.dir and it's 777... somebody told me to chomd the temp folder to 777... I tried but it did't work...
    more info: at first my site was being work good with out problem until the server has a big problem and the moderator of it restore a previous backup of the site...
    do you think any think about my problem...
    I am waiting for your help...
    thnks...

2. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

the problem still being in my site...
    can any body help me...

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check for ownership of the folder.

4. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

do you mean the permission of the folder...
    if you mean that.. the permission of blogs.dir is 777...
    note: some wordpress sites on the same server has suffered from the same problem...
    maybe the server owners stop some functions that disable the uploading at wordpress!!??

5. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

here PHP Configuration from my cpanel...
    maybe it help finding the problem...
    Language Options asp_tags Allow ASP-style <% %> tags. Off
    File Uploads file_uploads Whether to allow HTTP file uploads. On
    Paths and Directories include_path Windows: "\path1;\path2" c:\php\includes" .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php
    Resource Limits max_execution_time 30
    Resource Limits max_input_time 60
    Resource Limits memory_limit 20M
    Data Handling register_globals You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of. Off
    Language Options safe_mode On
    main session.save_path where N is an integer. Instead of storing all the session files in /path, what this will do is use subdirectories N-levels deep, and store the session data in those directories. This is useful if you or your OS have problems with lots of files in one directory, and is a more efficient layout for servers that handle lots of sessions. NOTE 1: PHP will not create this directory structure automatically. You can use the script in the ext/session dir for that purpose. NOTE 2: See the section on garbage collection below if you choose to use subdirectories for session storage N;/path
    File Uploads upload_max_filesize Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 20M
    main zend_optimizer.version 3.3.3

6. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

new problem with one of the wordpress sites hosted on the same server...
    when I tried to install a plugin automatic, it shows this message:

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 748 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/sqlbchu/public_html/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 175

7. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

PHP Safe Mode is turned on in your PHP configuration. That is not a recommended setting for a production server and might be causing some issues.

8. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

new note:
    when using easy upload plugin I have this problem:

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/hmksoft/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-easy-uploader/wp-easy-uploader.php on line 793

do you think that stoping the ini_set() function is the reason of the main problem of uploading files by the main uploader of wordpress...
    thanks for your help...

9. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

hello,
    the problem of uploading files to the wordpress sites was fixed...
    but the problem of the wordpress MU site still being...
    I can't upload any file to my blogs...
    the blogs.dir permission is still 777...
    can you help me...
    thanks...

10. wisam-mo
    Posted 14 years ago #

hi,
    these here the php info of my site...
    maybe helps you solving my problem...
    http://home.sqlb.net/phpinfo.zip
    thnks...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by wisam-mo
  • Latest reply from wisam-mo