The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Upgrade and widgets (4 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm having a freaky problem here. Since I upgraded this morning, all my theme have an extra sidebar in thw wdigets are. In other words, on a two-column theme with one sidebar, if I go to Sidebar Widgets, I get two options. No, none of the theme files were changed. No, I don't get any error messages.

I did try to fix one theme and added stuff to the functions, but it didn't seem to be reading it.

Did anybody have a similar problem? Or is it (more likely) something I did somewhere? Any insight at all would be appreciated.

http://testing.homeschooljournal.net/ If you wanted to look at some source.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I had that issue once a week or so ago. It went away the next morning though. never figured out what the issue was though.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just to narrow it down some, I remember I worked on one user's theme, switched them over form an old theme still on the system, to a newer Widgetized version. All was well. I only noticed the issues *after* I uploaded some more themes today for testing and enabled them just for one user.

More info: this could be a bug. It's just the one blog that I enabled certain themes for is having the issues (with ALL themes).

If I go to my test blog, where I have a bunch of themes enabled just for there, I see the problem.

If I go to my main blog, where I have all the same themes as everyone else, and only one theme available to just that blog (enabled before upgrade), I don't have the widget problem.

If I take one of the themes I enabled just for testing, and have it available to everyone else, it works as expected. Still has extra sidebar for hte test user though (same theme).

4. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

I wonder if this has anything to do with why my admin user can't configure widgets anymore but everyone else can. I did something similar with limiting blogs available to the admin but I don't know if that is when the widget problems started.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by andrea_r
  • Latest reply from kahless