The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

look for newsletter plugin or i miss u plugin for wordpress mu. (5 posts)

1. gmchun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hai,
    I am looking for newsletter or mail plugin so i can send email to all my blogs member.And also,i also would like to send reminder to any member that have been long time not login to my wordpress mu.
    i go try google but no luck.

Please suggest to me.

Thanks first.

Regards,
    wallace

2. gazouteast
    Posted 14 years ago #

it's not a WordPress Plugin, but phpList is the best you'll get (especially if you don't want your site account suspended for overemailing past the hourly limit).

There is a bridging plugin for WP standard and phpList - that might be portable to WPMU as a wp-plugin set to site wide as a plugin. I haven't tested it out yet in WPMU but will be doing so sometime in the next couple of weeks.

The beauty of using phpList with WPMU would seem to be that you could create a very simple admin-page info plugin to point your blog admins to your phpList install, if they want to run newsletters, then they could use the existing bridge plugin (that you've installed as a site-wide plugin) to place a newsletter sign-up for their readers on their blog sidebar (as a widget).

when it comes to managing mailing lists and newsletters, and subscriptions from the former to the latter, there really is nothing that beats phpList. The cvs import tool (for mailing lists and duplication sweeping) is awesome and the bounced mail management and database purging is incredible.

Gaz

3. gmchun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes,i am agree with you about phplist because it was great tools.But i was hopefully some will develop integration plugin for phplist.

4. wokzwp
    Posted 14 years ago #

hey gmchum,

if you have your own server wpmu anyway i would recommend http://www.openemm.org/.
    compare the demos of both systems and you know what i am talking about - thats close to enterprise newsletter-tools.

wokz

5. computergenius
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am trying PHP List on my server, but I keep getting 404 for domain/lists - I know it is there, and it was OK with WP2.9, so I guess the "MU" bit is catching me out.

Any suggestions? I am new to WPMU

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by gmchun
  • Latest reply from computergenius