The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How To????? (4 posts)

1. maburker
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,
    I haved looked every where to find a solution but, no luck. We're running Word Press Mu and Buddy Press and we are working on changing the default theme.(for buddy press) For some reason we can't find the css file for the widgets that are placed on the home page. These are widgets that are done through the admin panel. If you visit http://www.chatterbing.com and look at the Toolbar Update and the What's New, you'll have a better understanding of what I mean. I have looked in the screen.css file and every other file but, no luck. Any help is appreciated!

2. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looking at your page source, for the Toolbar Update for example you have different div hooks to control the style

1. <div id="third-section" class="widget-section"> for the right column
    - #third-section in parent theme's CSS for Home Page Layout
    - .widget-section not found - but you can tweak if you set up own custom.css in child theme

2. <div id="text-5" class="widget widget_text"> surrounding the whole widget
    - #text-5 is auto-generated when text box used for widget, you can tweak this in your own custom.css
    - .widget can be found in screen.css of child theme
    - .widget_text not in any stylesheet, which means you have another hook to set up if you want in custom.css

3. <h2 class="widgettitle">Toolbar Update!</h2> for the widget title
    - h2.widgettitle can be found in screen.css of child theme

4. <div class="textwidget"> for the text inside the Text widget
    - .textwidget is not declared in any of the stylesheets. So you can tweak this in custom.css

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Firebug is an extension for the Firefox browser and is the handiest thing you can ever use. Did I mention it's FREE?

There's a bunch of extra classes around those areas that are undeclared, so you won't find them as they aren't there. Just add them to your new theme's style sheets.

For example, to get the outline around the box:

.textwidget {
    border-bottom:1px solid #CCCCCC;
    border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;
    border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC;
    }

4. maburker
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh, that would make sense. I thought I was going crazy to find where the source was. Thanks for the help.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by maburker
  • Latest reply from maburker