The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Select All Themes and Enable Them (9 posts)

1. tstrokes
    Posted 17 years ago #

It would be nice if you could select all the themes and enable them with on check box when editing a blog or from the main site admin 'Themes' screen.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Gotta disagree. How do you know each and every theme works in MU? There's quite a few that don't. Plus most of us are putting links back to the main site in the footers of each theme. Plus then you have the admin bar to add in, check for widget support, check to see how the widgets look in the sidebar compared without them, check to see if the theme works for Posts and Pages, broken graphics, correct CSS, screenshots, etc.

I'm spending at least 15 minutes for each and every theme before i release it to my clients. Going to grow longer as well shortly as I'm quickly running out of widget supported themes.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

how many themes are you up to, drmike?

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

33 IIRC. Haven't done any recently. Having to rebuild a 21k picture gallery and my main blog thanks to my previous host.

5. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

any chans that you're up to sharing your hard work?

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

All straight out of the theme pack over at wpmudev.org. Only main difference has been the adding of my links and a few bug fixes for the most part.

There's a list over at daria.be under complete list. if you see one that you would like, I'll see what i can do.

Do remember though that 99% of the time, I'm on a locked down terminal. usually that means i can't do zipping and what not.

7. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

I pulled the widgetized theme pack off wpmudev.org but I'm really really interested in the admin bar. My intention is a bit more of a community so using it to advertise other blogs/content has crossed my mind a few times!

Maybe there's another (better) way of 'enforcing' a last 5 posts (from other blogs) or even a featured blogs list onto the users sites (discreetly of course)?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's a whole pile of widget-ready themes here:
    http://themes.wordpress.net/?cats%5B%5D=25&sortby=date&order=DESC&andor=OR&submit=Show
    And of the ones with an options page need to be checked though. Some options pages bork in MU. (usually the ones with Ohz's theme toolkit)

I'm up to 40 themes, not counting Kubrick & classic. More are waiting for testing, including some of my own.

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not to critize the system admins of that site but make sure you read the comments posted before you download any of those themes. Some haven't been widgetized, there's an upgraded version elsewhere or have issues even in regular WP. Had one a few days ago that didn't have a style.css file included. :(

About this Topic