The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Install success on 1 host, did same thing, not successful in another (4 posts)

1. audaciousjames
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi.

I installed MU onto one on my hosted sites on Godaddy, and it worked fine, I got the MU welcome page telling me it needed stuff, I got on the horn with Godaddy, set up a database, I typed it the stuff it needed, and it worked.

I tried the exact same thing on another hosted account w Godaddy and I get the page saying "There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started." It then gives a button saying "Create a wp-config.php" file.

Based on the first successful installation, I know I shouldn't be seeing this page. I deleted all files from that account, and reinstalled, and get the same message. Twice.

Can someone help out, knowing that I don't speak techno-speak? What do I do?

Thanks, Jim

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

3. justinkomhyr
    Posted 14 years ago #

I doubt that you can install mu on the godaddy server if you want to use sub domains which is what most people want. You need to be able to edit the httpd.conf file to accept aliases and also add an aliasa zone in the dns file.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

... and you can actually install MU on GoDaddy, providing you have a static IP & an upgraded account...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by audaciousjames
  • Latest reply from andrea_r