The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

After 2.8.6 upgrade, new blogs 404 on archive, category and comment pages (3 posts)

1. johndeery
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi all,

Having a small problem. I created about 5 new blogs yesterday and I noticed that for all of them, none of my site-wide plugins were enabled. It was a little strange, as nothing has changed on the site (no new plugins, code changes, etc), but I did notice that 2.8.6 was available, so I did the upgrade and ran the Upgrade function from site admin.

Now, on these new blogs, the plugins are enabled, but I'm noticing that none of their support pages (archives, categories, comments, etc) are working right...they all 404. I checked my logs and I'm not seeing anything in the errors that would point out why this is happening.

This is my current .htaccess (again, untouched by me in a long time)... can anyone see why this might be happening?

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

#uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-content/blogs.php?file=$2 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

php_value upload_max_filesize 200M
    php_value post_max_size 200M
    php_value memory_limit 200M
    php_value upload_tmp_dir 200M
    php_value max_execution_time 50000
    php_value allow_url_fopen On

For reference, my site is blogs.sbschools.org. The first two (as of right now) with the Wishes and Dreams are the new blogs where the error are, and other ones like Melissa Needles', etc, are older and work fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Go to Settings -> Permalinks on each blog and click Save. That should fix it.

3. johndeery
    Posted 14 years ago #

That works, thanks a bunch

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by johndeery
  • Latest reply from johndeery