The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU very slow - How to speed up? (3 posts)

1. Willwpmu
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi guys,

Im installing 6000 blogs on my wpmu for my domain, however it seems to be running very slow to load up the dashboard etc.

Do you have any ideas on how to speed wpmu up?

Surely there must be a way, as wordpress,blogger etc have 100,000s of blogs...

Cheers for the help ;)

2. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

You can try using Cache plugins for wordpress blogs... this will surely improve the performance.

The resources must be high to run such a huge WP blog... Check the server load..

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I believe the readme file included with the download includes links to some of the caching solutions but here's one for wp-super-cache which I believe is what most of us are using:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/

Some folks also suggest moving as many of the plugins out of mu-plugins and into the plugins subdirectory and telling endusers to only turn them on if needed and only the ones that they need. While I understand that suggestion, I think it makes it harder for endusers to understand.

A decent box or VPS with a decent amount of memory is also a plus. Even a small wpmu install isn't recommended for a shared hosting account or with a host that oversells. If you have your own box, turning off unnecessary services is a big help.

You may want to search the forums for 'speed up' or other such terms. I'm sure this has been discussed previously.

About this Topic