The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Domain Mapping - What code handles the primary blog? (5 posts)

1. jeromyboyd
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've got the domain mapping plugin from WPMUDEV, but theirs doesn't support a primary domain, but they themselves wont support the implementation of such a feature until it becomes 'requested by the community,' but this is something I would like to possibly be able to hack into the plugin on my own for personal use.

In Donncha's plugin, whis is apparently handled now, so I was hoping someone could direct me to the section(s) of code which handle this function. I can work myself around PhP, but I'm no expert (hardly even intermediate if you ask me), but I am hoping to find out how this works. Also, what about the function that handles the old blog name throughout the site, both front and back end, how might I be able to implement this?

I need to do it this route because I believe Donncha's plugin only support installations utilizing subdomains, whereas mine is a subdirectory installation, but thanks for your help.

2. jeromyboyd
    Posted 14 years ago #

Okay, so perhaps I should have tested things first, but while trying to resolve the issue with my post regarding the Encrypted Data I found a solution to part of my issue; that being the URL throughout the backend of the site.

If I change the domain setting specifically for the domain itself by hand, it will work, which accomplished what I currently need. I DO still have the issue with a primary domain, however, so any help would be appreciative.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Donncha's now does subfolder setups as well.

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Grab version 0.5 out now, does primary domains and lots more. Folder installs too as Andrea has pointed out!

http://ocaoimh.ie/89495550/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping-05/

5. jeromyboyd
    Posted 14 years ago #

I intend to use it, thanks for your hard work!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jeromyboyd
  • Latest reply from jeromyboyd