The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Themes not working on all blogs (11 posts)

1. leosoderman
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having an odd problem with one of the blogs on my WPMU installation. It will not show any themes. The themes are available for selection, but when you load the page, it's text only with no styles applied. Same thing happens in preview.

If I go to one of the other blogs, the themes are properly applied. I;m not sure why this one blog will not show themes properly. Any help on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

What plugins are running on it?

3. leosoderman
    Posted 14 years ago #

FeedWordPress, Page Link To, and Domain Mapping. Are installed. Only Domain Mapping is active.

4. leosoderman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just tried installing a different theme on a different blog, and not getting it there either. A clue is that the previews do not show up, not even on the current theme.

On the blog where themes work I see all previews and thumbnails. Oddly, it's the 2nd, 3rd and 4th blogs of 12. The 5th and on all show the thumbnails properly.

I have cleared the cache on the browser, just in case, but that has no effect.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

What's your error logs say?

6. leosoderman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Which error logs should I be looking at? The pages are loading, just not with styles. Just plain text.

7. wpmuguru
    Posted 14 years ago #

Most likely your mod rewrite module is not set up correctly or your htaccess isn't being read by apache.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Error logs on the server, generated by the server.

What domain mapping plugin are you using?

9. leosoderman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looking at the logs, I am seeing one particular error - it's looking for an rdf.php file.

As to the Domain Mapping plugin, I'm using the one suggested for WPMU, Donncha's Domain Mapping Plugin.

I checked the apache config, and there doesn't seem to be a problem there. This would be supported by the fact that I can get to the blog, the admin pages are loading and are fine - until I get to the theme selection, and the thumbnails don't appear. If there were a problem with serving the domains, I shouldn't be able to see any of it.

10. leosoderman
    Posted 14 years ago #

Determined the problem - a misunderstand of how domain mapping worked. The blogs that did not work had domain entries in DNS for the domains, but not as subdomains of the original domain. Apparently, this will work for accessing the blogs, but not for the themes.

11. simes
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having this issue too. How did you resolve it Leo? I'm using hostgator (cpanel) with a reseller account. I can edit the DNS settings via the WHM interface - will this allow me to sort it? (Apologies if you're not using cpanel and don't know what I'm going on about!)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by leosoderman
  • Latest reply from simes