The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error Log - tons of errors after changing hosting company (9 posts)

1. boonika
    Posted 14 years ago #

Please help. I've been away from these forums for too long. I've moved my site (backup and restore) from (mt) to WPWebHost and baaaaam. First of all, some plugins refused to work causing. Than I realized I can't reach 'Plugins' menu inside admin. I get 404. Also, for some reason, some weird files are created in my root and wp-admin directory. And they are HUGE. Their names look like 'core.10227' and similar. They show up whenever some error repeats. I'm using MrBrian's New Blog Defaults Plugin but it also causes errors.

Everything worked just fine before I moved to new hosting company:( What should I do? I don't want to move to another host again.

These are some lines from error-log files:

--
    --

[29-Nov-2009 08:54:40] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/boonikanet/public_html/wp-includes/kses.php(1022) : runtime-created function on line 1

-

[29-Nov-2009 08:58:28] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '== 'Open'' at line 1 for query SELECT COUNT(id) FROM wp_help_desk WHERE status == 'Open' made by require_once, require, do_action, call_user_func_array, help_desk_menu

-

[29-Nov-2009 11:24:03] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for change_newblog_defaults() in /home/boonikanet/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/mrbrian_wpmu_blog_defaults.php on line 14

-

[29-Nov-2009 15:44:28] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/boonikanet/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php:17) in /home/boonikanet/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 856

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Tons of stuff going on:

- you don't have enough memory on the account
    - one file (at least) somewhere got some blanks spaces appended

I think it might be likely something got messed up in transfer.

I'd strip back everything to no plugins, check for errors with just core files. Replace with new MU files if you have to. Then add back the plugins, one at a time.

3. boonika
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Andrea. You are talking about 'plugins' and 'mu-plugins', right? Will try that. Also, I'm not sure if this can help... regarding memory limit. Maybe I should ask people from WpWebHost first.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep, both plugin folders.

And yeah, give Support a holler. They know stuff. :)

5. boonika
    Posted 14 years ago #

I still get some WordPress database errors (and I can't locate them inside db... lack of knowledge I guess) but others are gone. That happend after I have deleted these plugins (so I don't really know which one to blame):

- Reports (Premium)
    - Syntax Highilhter
    - Automessage
    - WPMU Custom Meta Tags
    - Mass Mailer (Premium)

All of them worked before I moved to new hosting company so I'm not sure if we should blame those plugins for those errors.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Put them back one by one, then check for errors each time. Try and use fresh copies.

7. boonika
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm not a premium member any more so I don't have access to latest versions to some of them... and I don't need those plugins any more. Anyway, problem was obviously connected with those plugins but I doubt that they were the problem. Something got messed up after moving to new hosting company. Maybe db file got corrupted or some file permissions were changed or something. I thing the best would be to upgrade from 2.7.1 to next possible version and than spend some more time on fixing things.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'd definitely dump what you don't need anymore. Upgrade, but also start error checking & fixing with all plugins off.

9. boonika
    Posted 14 years ago #

Another one:

---
    [01-Dec-2009 16:15:02] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '& ASC' at line 1 for query SELECT * FROM wp_20_posts WHERE (post_type = 'page' AND post_status = 'publish') ORDER BY & ASC made by require, require_once, include, get_sidebar, locate_template, load_template, require_once, dynamic_sidebar, call_user_func_array, wp_widget_pages, wp_list_pages, get_pages
    ---

Now, am I right when I think that 'wp_20_posts' has something to do with posts or pages from user blog with ID 20?

About this Topic