The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Triggering the new user welcome email when using API to create users (3 posts)

1. ilyaporopudas
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

I have a WPMU 2.8.6 installation set up and working. I'm using the WPMU functions to create new blogs and users, and was wondering if there was any way to trigger the standard "welcome new user" email for the new users?

The specific functions I'm using are:

1. wpmu_create_blog
    2. wpmu_create_user

If I request a new password for a user, I do get an email, so it doesn't to be a problem with the server's email settings.

Any ideas?

2. ilyaporopudas
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hmm. Must have had my dunce hat on while studying the available functions. It would appear that wpmu_welcome_user_notification is exactly what I was looking for -- including that it has a customizable message on the Admin > Site Options page.

Will attempt to put this to good use, and hopefully this thread helps someone else out.

3. modifiedcontent
    Posted 14 years ago #

Can you share how you did this?

I need a welcome email in Buddypress, which only seems to have an activation email in version 1.1.3 that I can't use to include other information for new members.

Isn't a welcome email built into WPMU? How can I turn it on? Does anyone have a plugin or code to send an email after activation?

Should I stick this somewhere in a template file? Where?

<?php wpmu_welcome_user_notification($user_id, $password, $meta); ?>

And it would take the text for the email from the Options in the admin area?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by ilyaporopudas
  • Latest reply from modifiedcontent