The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Anybody interested in an integration project? (6 posts)

1. ajaffarali
    Posted 14 years ago #

I currently have four blogs running four separate installations fo Wordpress. I wanted to switch to MU so there is just one set of user registration database across all the four websites. On top of that, I also have a vBulletin forum that has a separate user base.

First, is it worth switching to MU considering that its being integrated with Wordpress? Secondly, can someone help me with the project?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"First, is it worth switching to MU considering that its being integrated with Wordpress? "

Yes, considering that when it IS integrated you can do the same thing. you can just do it now or later. You pick. Either way, you'll have to do integration to get all four blogs running off one install.

Here's a link to get you started:
    http://bavatuesdays.com/importing-a-single-wp-blog-to-a-wpmu-installation/

If you wait until after the merge, you can just start from one of your installs and merge the other 3 into it.

3. daxiang
    Posted 14 years ago #

What are the benefits in this integration project?

4. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Integrating WordPress and WordPress MU? There are a number of benefits, chief among them Donncha won't be the sole developer as he is right now with MU. Security updates made for WordPress won't need to be merged and updated to be applied to MU.

The list goes on.

5. daxiang
    Posted 14 years ago #

What are the benefits in this integration project?

6. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Its been explained - one code base for developers to maintain. For end users it means having to only maintain one installation.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by ajaffarali
  • Latest reply from SteveAtty