The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Better WPMU (16 posts)

1. thaiwordpress
    Posted 17 years ago #

Some one said WPMU Make ServerDown with table is real or not?
    and now what is free Multiblog Better WPMU??...

2. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sawadikaap... sorry twp! Can you please try to describe in a different way so we can help you!

3. XIII
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm guessing he/she's worried about the amount of tables crashing his/her server and asking for something better than MU.
    In which case the answers could be that there's nothing to worry about and that (in my opinion) there's no better multiblog system than MU. Lyceum seems nice but isn't that compatible with standard Wordpress themes and plugins & b2evolution is a spam hellhole (haven't tried the latest beta yet though, and thanks to MU I won't have to).

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

MU is not gonna take the server down with the number of tables generated. If it does - crappy host.

Something people haven't thought of WRT number of tables: there's plenty of thing out there like shopping cart software & BBS that would have at least as many as the average MU install.

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Gotta say I've never seen one where a single program generates this many different tables. I'm not worried about it though as most normal Shared Hosting servers have a huge amount of MySQL tables normally. (ie 200 clients, each with a CMS, forums, Gallery, etc.)

6. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

wordpress has a very small footprint and it will be very hard to generate even 1gb of data... thou shall not need to worry!

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think they're more worried about the number of tables created than the footprint size. Most MySQL installs have a max limit of the number of tables that they can deal with. Each table is actually three files on teh hard drive and you have to worry about the OS'es file quanity limit.

Wasn't that like 2 million files in a subdirectory though?

8. thaiwordpress
    Posted 17 years ago #

I see some webpage Modify wordpress http://plugblog.ws/
    Output Like this http://idiarist.com/
    what do you think?? better MU or not??

9. fstutzman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Lyceum does support almost all Wordpress themes with a simple one line change. So the assertion that it does not support Wordpress themes is incorrect. Please see http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/19 for more information on themes.

10. fstutzman
    Posted 17 years ago #

The previous comment also applies to plugins, which the author also asserted did not work with Lyceum. In fact almost all do.

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Guys. Tell me something. Do you always come into support forums and slap the designers across the face like you're doing here?

12. fstutzman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Drmike: Who is your hostile comment directed at?

13. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

If you don't have a clue, then you must be as dense as i think you are.

And you still haven't answered my question.

14. fstutzman
    Posted 17 years ago #

I won't respond your insults, Dr Mike, but since you referred to me directly in your statement I will assume you are talking to me. Please try and keep your discourse civil in the future.

If correcting an incorrect assertion about Lyceum made by a third party counts as a slap in the face, so be it. Please re-read the thread to clarify incorrect assumption.

15. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I believe what drmike was saying is that it's not right for a Toyota salesperson to stand outside of a Ford dealership with a huge sign trying to sell Toyotas. It's just not right.

Atleast that's my interpretation. There are many things that I would love to say here but we've had this discussion several times now and each time it has gone nowhere so there's really no point in continueing.

16. fstutzman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Your analogy holds, but all I wanted to do was correct some incorrect information. However, that seems to be off limits here, so I will too bow out. Keep up the good work.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by thaiwordpress
  • Latest reply from fstutzman