The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Parked Domains Redirect to Signup Page (5 posts)

1. agreda
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have searched for an answer to this issue, but all related topics pertain to the Domain Mapping plugin which we do not use.

I recently noticed that our parked domains are no longer forwarding properly. They are now being redirected to the signup page. We use cpanel and had managed redirection of two domains to point to our wpmu install. I notice now this no longer works as expected.

For instance, we had domain.org set to forward to domain.com. But if we try it now we get the following result...

...//domain.com/wp-signup.php?new=domain.org

See for yourself: http://tripawds.org

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, or why. Our datacenter (Server Beach) recently merged some DNS services, but I don't see how that could be the cause. NOTE: I did recently rename wp-signup.php and update all the necessary core file links (not reflected in the sample URL provided above) as an anti-splog tactic. But registrations have been working perfectly.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's working exactly how I'd expect it to. :) If you park a domain on top of MU, it *will* look it up in the db, and if it doesn't find it, redirect to the signup page.

Remember the line in the config file that you can edit to tell it to not do that for non-existent blogs? :)

3. agreda
    Posted 14 years ago #

I do now. So... since I have these domains parked on the primary via WHM, how can I redirect them the the main blog? Is the Domain Mapping plugin the only way? And if so, do I unpark them first?

Thank you!

4. agreda
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nevermind... I did my homework and just wrote about my workaround for redirecting parked domains to WPMU site.

Thanks again.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep, for what you wanted to do... it's not Domain Mapping. :)

About this Topic