The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU broken by duff plug-in (list all) (10 posts)

1. johnwalsh
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've installed the 'list all' plug-in from WPMUDEV.ORG, and then activated it. However, the file list-all.php throws a php fatal error (Cannot redeclare echoarraybloglist()). Consequently, for all page requests to wpmu I just see the fatal error message. Anyone know the hack to deactivate plug-ins (i.e. given I can't get to wp-admin). Thanks

2. tusdb123
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'm no expert but how about you just delete the plugin folder (the list-all plugin) from the mu-plugin directory; it should deactivate it.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Delete the plugin usually does it.

4. johnwalsh
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks, but I've done that (I've renamed the file) and it doesn't change things. I'm guessing, but isn't it the case that when you activate a plug-in wpmu lists the plug-in somewhere in the database, and therefore I'd need to edit the db to deactivate it?

5. johnwalsh
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok - fixed now. You're correct, just rename or delete the file. What foxed me is that the file is in 2 dirs (/wp-content/plugins and wp-content/mu-plugins).

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's probably why you got errors as well. It should only be in ONE of those directories, namely the mu-plugins one.

7. johnwalsh
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, it was the reason for the error. I must have a little error with my MU Plugin manager. If I upload a plugin file to wp-content/mu-plugins the plugin doesn't show in the manager (Site Admin / Plugins). However, if I upload the file to /wp-content/plugins it then shows in the manager (but, of course, I can't have the same file in two dirs). Any thoughts on why plugin files in wp-content/mu-plugins don't show up in the manager?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Becasue they aren't supposed to.

Plugins in the mu-plugins folder are automatically activated and available to all users, or just the admin in the case of things like list-all where you need to add code somewhere.

9. naftilos
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have a stupid question but i searched the forum and the instructions. How do you call the plugin? Where do you put list_all_wpmu_blogs('100', 'name', '', '', 'updated'); ?

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hard code it in the theme files of your main blog wherever you want it to show up. I put mine in a sidebar.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by johnwalsh
  • Latest reply from andrea_r