The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Writing by e-mail (9 posts)

1. DrkWrz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there this option on WPMU, or any plugin that does that??

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Blog_by_Email

I haven't tried it, but it should work. Quite a bit of work involved, and you'll have to automate the creation of new pop3 accounts, or have all mail go to one account and have it filtered somehow. If you come up with something submit a patch to Trac :)

3. DrkWrz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thankx for the answer. But in WPMU I don't see Writing by Email in Options > Writing.

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh yes, that's right. Sorry 'bout that. You'll have to copy the html code from the regular options page back in. Because of the difficulties outlined above it's not included by default.

5. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

As stated in a previous post I made, I paid a programmer named Dan Ray to create a writing by email or post by email plugin for wordpress mu. it has been installed and has been tested at http://www.bicyclejournals.net . Dan and I agreeded that this would be made GPL . The documentation and installation text is still be written by Dan Ray.
    I will recieve a mention in the documention stating that I funded the plugin and use it at bicyclejournals.net
    If you have a desire to test this please let me know. I'm not hard to fine. just google Jean Andre Vallery

Jean Andre Vallery
    email..
    phone number...

6. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

Jean,

I'm very interested in your post by email plugin. Do you have a download set up somewhere.

Freq---(blogs 'at' dakotablogs.com)

7. azlinux
    Posted 17 years ago #

Jean,
    I'm interested too pls email azlinux at gmail dot com tq

8. mgualda
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello Jean,

I'm interested too in this plugin.

I'll write you.

Thanks

9. jscottjfs