The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

pictures do not change size when a person moves the webbrowser (4 posts)

1. RichonWordpressMU
    Posted 14 years ago #

this causes the pictures overlap into other columns. How can this be solved?
    (i posted this two seconds ago in the wrong category, so I reposted in here.)

~Rich

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The pictures posted inside the posts? They will never resize, that's not how browser resizing works.

As long as it works in 1024x768, that's the lowest you have to worry about, unless you're developing a site for the 3rd world.

3. RichonWordpressMU
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you for responding to my post.

However, there MUST be a solution. For instance, other wordpress and wordpress mu blogs do not have this problem. Their photos and videos do not over lap with the rest of the blog. Ie, perezhilton and icanhascheezeburger (both run on wordpress). For lack of better words, their content does not change with the size.

On my site, the photos and videos (1) overlap when the web browser changes size. And, (2) when the web browser becomes smaller, the lay out of the pictures and videos change. How can this be changed? Am I explaining it correctly?

Thanks, again, in advance.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's your theme. It has a fluid width declared on the elements. The sites you list above have what's called fixed width. This is basic css/html knowledge, not really wordpress-specific.

Also, if you don't post a link to your site, we have a harder time helping.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by RichonWordpressMU
  • Latest reply from andrea_r