The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Scheduling posts function not working... (6 posts)

1. MommyReporter
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have been scheduling my posts for awhile now, but recently since last week, every time I set a post to schedule, it doesn't work. When I check the post to see what happened, it says "missed schedule." It is not publishing my scheduled posts. Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to correct this????

Thanks!!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Has anyone visited the front end of the blog lately?

Are you using WPMU or single WP?

3. benjancewicz
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm having the same problem. It's been happening for the past 2 weeks.

I'm using WPMU, and have been on the dashboard recently.

4. Klark123
    Posted 14 years ago #

I had a similar problem (wp-cron never firing). I found this worked for me.

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/16556

5. benjancewicz
    Posted 14 years ago #

Trying it out.

6. jte
    Posted 13 years ago #

We continue to have this problem. I'm not sure entirely when it started, but it may have been with the original upgrade to 2.9. We're currently on 2.9.1.1 and I can reliably reproduce the problem both in our production environment as well as in 2.9.2 (in test).

We're using a subdomain-based setup, with <blogname>.blog.<domain> as the base page for all blogs. I can get all "missed schedule" posts to post on a given blog by manually navigating to <blogname>.blog.<domain>/wp-cron.php.

Changing the timeout in cron.php, and/or turning on WP_ALTERNATE_CRON doesn't seem to change the problem.

Thoughts? It seems many things that are resolving this issue for people don't work in our setup for some reason...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by MommyReporter
  • Latest reply from jte