The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

All blogs importing into one? Why? (5 posts)

1. typedink
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am converting my Nucleus blogs to Wordpress then from wordpress to WordpressMU. Its working except that when I import lets say blog B after already importing Blog A it imports Blog B into Blog A instead of a new blog. Anyway to work this out so when I import blogs it imports to a new one? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. I am importing them from a older single wordpress 2.1 as thats what I needed to go from nucleus to wp. If I go from nucleus to 2.1 to current and then to WPMU should it work? Or is this something that wont work? I can't find anything that specifies to import into a certain blog on wordpressMu.

Any help is appreciated.

2. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

Unless you have another script, I would say one Nucleus blog to one WP 2.1 blog. Then upgrade each 2.1 blog to WP 2.2, which is the version where you could start exporting XML. After you've exported the XML's of all the Nucleus-transformed-to-WordPress blogs and saved to hard drive. Set up WPMU and then import XML of each blog to the respective sub-blog. Question is, how many Nucleus blogs do you have?

If you have a large number of blogs and large number of posts and comments, you might want to considering hiring a WordPress Pro to help you out with a script instead of going the long way as I've outlined above.
    http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-pro

Good luck.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"Anyway to work this out so when I import blogs it imports to a new one? "

You have to be in the backend of a particular blog when you Import. If you stay at the main blog and import everything from there - yeah, they all wind up in the same blog

4. typedink
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi thank you both for the responses.

@mercime when you say import the xml into the sub blog is there a option from within wordpressMU or would this be done some different way that I don't see in wordpressMU?

When you say I have to be in the backend of a paticular blog, what do you mean by that?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Mercime & I are saying the same thing.

It looks like you are importing everything from yourdomain.com/wp-admin/import.php

What you need to do, is when you get to Blog2 and you want to import the entries just to that blog, is go to BLOG2.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/import.php

you can't do every blog from one admin area. You have to go to each blog.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by typedink
  • Latest reply from andrea_r