The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help in Displaying Sitewide Posts with Sitewide Tags (8 posts)

1. cdogstu99
    Posted 14 years ago #

So i took the great Andrea's suggestion on another post and installed the Sitewide Tags plugin, and her Wordpress Featured Posts widget. When i changed the settings for the sitewide tags, i got an email notification that a blog had been created at tags.mba365.com. When i visit that link, nothing is there, and when i change the link in the featured posts widget, nothing shows up. Anyone have any clue?

Thanks!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Where do you want the posts displayed? (which blog)

3. cdogstu99
    Posted 14 years ago #

On mba365.com (my main blog) in a widget on the right side under the section that says 'Featured Posts'.

4. hotohori
    Posted 14 years ago #

tags.mba365.com might be using a theme which is not there. Try changing to another theme and see if it works.

5. cdogstu99
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks .. U are right I had deleted some of the themes. So I changed to current theme and there is something showing but mu sitewide posts are not showing up.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Right, because you're telling the sitewide tags to use the TAGS blog, and not the main blog.

There's a checkbox for using the main blog. Is it checked?

7. cdogstu99
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just checked the box that says "Post to Main Blog"...it was unchecked.

I then created a test post on one of my other blogs cornell.mba365.com.

Nothing is showing up on tags stil...hmmm

8. hotohori
    Posted 14 years ago #

You can check a few other things.

1) make sure your test post is published and it's not save as draft or pending.

2) Tags Blog is enabled in site admin >> option.

3) Check your privacy setting of cornell.mba365.com. goto Settings >> Privary, make sure the blog is visible to everyone including search engine. otherwise it will not show in tags blog.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by cdogstu99
  • Latest reply from hotohori