The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

2.9.1 > 2.9.1.1 "Please Update" remains (8 posts)

1. spherical
    Posted 14 years ago #

Why doesn't the drop-down list for Mu version have anything later than 2.7.1?

Anyhoos, I'm getting the same situation that we had a short while back, where after updating the changed files the updater still says to update but the Dashboard footer reports the correct updated version.

Anyone else?

2. spherical
    Posted 14 years ago #

So then I decided to backup the DB and hit the Upgrade button. Logged out and back in again and the upper splash notice went away, the update button went away, the lower left footer version stayed correct at 2.9.1.1 (as it was after the file overwrites) but the line in Right Now still says "You are using WordPress 2.9.1" *and* the previously correct version number in the footer lower left reverted to "Version 2.9.1"! ?

3. rbickett
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having a similar issue.

The line in the "Right Now" widget says "Your are using WordPress 2.9.1" for me too.

My WPMU footer says:
    Left Corner: "Thank you for creating with WordPress MU 2.9.1.1 | Documentation"
    Right Corner: "Version 2.9.1"

I used the built-in upgrader and want to be able to verify if the update is correct.

Thanks in advance.

4. spherical
    Posted 14 years ago #

Two different update methods (I over-wrote manually) with same result. Knowing which files were updated (with the upgrader you don't know what's going on) I'd say that the update itself is correct; it's just the strings that are not displaying correctly.

5. okso
    Posted 14 years ago #

re 2.9.1.1 upgrade: I did my upgrade manually so I know which files were going up, I too got the confusing 2.9.1 pls upgrade which I ignored knowing I'd uploaded 2.9.1.1. My main admin site still works (with 2.9.1.1 in the footer) but when I hit upgrade blogs I lost access to them, admin & front end. It looks like the subdomain blogs are not resolving/htaccess as the blogs still show in the main admin. Any ideas appreciated I'm not an expert on MU or the subdomain mapping process.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check and see if htacess is still there.

7. spherical
    Posted 14 years ago #

Same as it ever was...

8. rslrdx
    Posted 14 years ago #

Was this fixed? I have a very similar problem

upgraded my site and everything works, but the please upgrade never goes away.

TIA,
    Rodrigo

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by spherical
  • Latest reply from rslrdx