The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error upgrading from 2.8.6 to 2.9.1.1 (10 posts)

1. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I upgraded my main blog (admin) then went to upgrade the rest of the blogs. It works at first, then stops and gives me this message (using the "auto ugrade button":

"Warning! Problem upgrading . Your server may not be able to connect to blogs running on it.
    Error message: Could not open handle for fopen() to http/wp-admin/upgrade.php?step=1"

Blogs still seem to be working but I can't figure out the problem. Is there any error log information where I can figure out more info? Anyone have any idea what the issue is?

THANKS!

2. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am getting this in my php error log

[19-Jan-2010 08:43:24] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_422_posts' doesn't exist for query SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM wp_422_posts WHERE post_status='publish' AND post_type='post' made by do_action, call_user_func_array, cets_simple_dashboard_admin, get_blog_list

[19-Jan-2010 08:43:28] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_422_posts' doesn't exist for query SELECT COUNT(ID) FROM wp_422_posts WHERE post_status='publish' AND post_type='post' made by do_action, call_user_func_array, cets_simple_dashboard_admin, get_blog_list

[19-Jan-2010 13:57:12] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_422_options' doesn't exist for query SELECT option_value from wp_422_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl'

[19-Jan-2010 13:58:04] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_167_commentmeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT comment_id FROM wp_167_commentmeta WHERE meta_key = '_wp_trash_meta_time' AND meta_value < '1261339084' made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, wp_scheduled_delete

[19-Jan-2010 13:58:15] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_14_commentmeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT comment_id FROM wp_14_commentmeta WHERE meta_key = '_wp_trash_meta_time' AND meta_value < '1261339095' made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, wp_scheduled_delete

[19-Jan-2010 13:58:26] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_8_commentmeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT comment_id FROM wp_8_commentmeta WHERE meta_key = '_wp_trash_meta_time' AND meta_value < '1261339106' made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, wp_scheduled_delete

[19-Jan-2010 14:02:45] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_422_options' doesn't exist for query SELECT option_value from wp_422_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl'

[19-Jan-2010 14:06:38] WordPress database error Table 'osseo.wp_214_commentmeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT comment_id FROM wp_214_commentmeta WHERE meta_key = '_wp_trash_meta_time' AND meta_value < '1261339598' made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, wp_scheduled_delete

I added the file to mu-plugins to add the comment meta table - http://ocaoimh.ie/wpmu-add-commentmeta/. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. balistreri
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am also having this problem except that none of my blogs updated. It seems that this has happend with past releases but I can't find a working solution.

4. balistreri
    Posted 14 years ago #

I was able to update some of the blogs by using a custom URL

wp-admin/wpmu-upgrade-site.php?action=upgrade&n=XXXX

replace the XXXX with a different blog numbers. Try the first blog, then try one in the middle, then try the last one. I think all but 1 of my blogs has updated...

I may delete that blog and re create it...

5. balistreri
    Posted 14 years ago #

Wow.

Now none of my links are working. My site is pretty messed up now

Please help!

painteverything.com

6. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Anyone have solution for this? The blogs seem to be still working and I was able to upgrade the main blog but not the rest... any help!?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"Blogs still seem to be working but I can't figure out the problem."

Go to the backend of one of the blogs. Look at the footer. Does it say you're on the current version?

also, the upgrade script is run automatically when a user logs into their blog. So , if that upgrade button fails, doesn't mean they don't get upgraded. That button was specifically to handle any db changes. it's all the same exact copy of the codebase.

8. mebenson
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does the upgrade run automatically for the user when they log in even if the "main blog" hasn't been updated?? I waited a day after I could upgrade to do that commentmeta thing. Or does it auto upgrade only after I upgrade the main blog? ..hopefully.

I'll check the footer, duh. Thanks.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, it will only do that for the user blogs if you've updated the main blog. All one codebase, remember? ;)

10. redapplehost
    Posted 14 years ago #

i have the same problem what will i do to upgrade it

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by mebenson
  • Latest reply from redapplehost