The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Domain mapping plugin broken in WPMU 2.9.1.1? (9 posts)

1. jezcope
    Posted 14 years ago #

I recently upgraded my WPMU installation to the latest version, and all went swimmingly except that the domain mapping plugin now seems to be broken.

I have a blog at sub.domain.com (with the main blog being at domain.com). If I set up domain mapping, I can then access it from secondblog.com, but I can't log into it.

As long as "Redirect administration pages to original blog's domain" is enabled, I can at least get to the backend for the blog (at http://sub.domain.com/wp-admin/, but the logged-in state doesn't persist when I go back to secondblog.com.

This is compounded by the fact that I want to use the "Private Only" plugin on that blog, but the problems with the domain mapping plugin result in a redirect loop which keeps sending me back to the login page.

Aside from reverting to my backup and coping with not having the security fixes of the latest WPMU version, can anyone suggest anything to try?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Which domain mapping plugin? There's 3.

3. jezcope
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry, it's Donncha O'Caoimh's Wordpress MU Domain Mapping plugin. What are the other two? I'll try them out and report back.

Thanks!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The other two are paid. :)

Not sure what's up actually.

5. logart
    Posted 14 years ago #

I was having the same problem, and I just deactivated the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin and my http://www.domain.com properly redirects to domain.com now on my main blog.

6. jezcope
    Posted 14 years ago #

So, I've managed to work around the issue by using a page template with a login form (so that everything stays within the correctly mapped domain. I think the problem comes from the login page being redirected to the subdomain, so the cookie ends up attached to the wrong domain. It's still not ideal though.

7. grrlfriend
    Posted 14 years ago #

Posted about this very issue in the "wpmu multi domain mapping plugin" thread before I saw this one <sorry>. Kind of glad it isn't just me!

Using WPMU 2.9.1 and Domain Mapping 0.5.1.

8. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Donncha's domain mapping plugin requires the browser to accept third-party cookies rather than only accept cookies from the originating server.

For Firefox: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.cookie.cookieBehavior

9. SimpleWP
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have had domain mapping work for a while now. And when I mapped a new site this morning, it would not let me access the backend. An hour later it worked.

I previously deleted a blog site that had mapped to the domain I was using.

When clicking on the backend link, it sent me to a page saying the previous deleted site was not there any more, rather than taking me to the intended site. Somehow it kept the connection between the two.

Then as I said, an hour later it worked. At other times, this was only 5 minutes wait.

Maybe this helps. Good luck.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jezcope
  • Latest reply from SimpleWP