The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Admin Password Lost (13 posts)

1. iedol
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have installed wordpress MU on my hosting server.

Issue is that I have forgot my admin password and when i goto forgot password, i did not get any email. Please help

2. Mrs P
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm going to bump this in the hope that someone replies it as I am having the exact same problem.

I know I have used the correct email address as I have changed the password before for that address, but I do not have the email either.

As admin, obviously it is important I get in as soon as possible; please help! :(

3. Mrs P
    Posted 14 years ago #

In fact, it tells me that no account exists for the email address when I enter it, yet it recognises the username ascribed to it....

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Then go into the database via phpmyadmin.

Find the wp_users table, the admin user is at the top of the list. Click the pencil button to edit it. in the password field, there's a drop-down. Pick md5. Type in whatever password you want.

Then you can log in to MU.

5. Mrs P
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Andrea for your reply.

I'm a php novice; I have downloaded and am about to setup phpmyadmin, but am stuck here:
    http://www.1millionunited.org/fishsticks/index.php

I cannot seem to find out what username and password I have to use?

Sorry to be ignorant!

Thanks again.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Mrs P - where is your MU install? How did you install MU?

phpmyadmin is a tool to manage databases. it's installed on many webservers already.

It was an assumption on my part that you had access to it on your host. There's no need for you to download and set it up on your computer.

7. Mrs P
    Posted 14 years ago #

I told you I was a newbie!

MU is here:

http://www.1millionunited.org/blogs

Thanks for bearing with me :)

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I signed up just to test it, it sent me mail just fine. check your spam folder.

I also told it to resend the admin user the password. I noticed in your posts you were putting in your email address, but you can just put in the username as well. Which, by default, is just admin.

9. Mrs P
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have tried that also; the emails are not coming through to my email address. I tried every email address I have in case I had entered the wrong one, but no joy.

10. Mrs P
    Posted 14 years ago #

I know I am entering the correct email address, as when new usersregister, I get those emails fine. However, MU tells me it does not recognise the email address.

Thanks for your help; I'm utterly confused!

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check your spam filter.

Also, some email domains just bounce out the emails sent by MU. I got an email, so I know your system is working. The problem is on your end.

Is your email comcast.net or hotmail by any chance? Those ones are notorious for blocking these emails.

12. netmediums
    Posted 14 years ago #

the phpmyadmin solution works. Thanks Andrea.

13. barry21
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks. This fixed my problem too.

About this Topic