The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress MU Plugins can't be uncompressed. (12 posts)

1. Melton
    Posted 14 years ago #

I upgraded from regular wordpress to mu a few weeks ago and I want to upgrade my plugging but I have been getting the same error since. I am always stuck at this no matter how long I leave it. Anyone have a fix?

Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/pretty-link.1.4.41.zip.

Unpacking the update.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Your server's not allowing them to install.

3. Melton
    Posted 14 years ago #

I doubt the server has changed. I have been using a free hosting and all they did was upgrade mysql and cPanel but then they went back down. Is there any other way of why MU isn't unpacking my plugins?

4. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

While you are resolving this with your free hosting (they allowed you to install WPMU?), you could just upload the unzipped plugins via FTP or cpanel.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check the permissions and ownership of the folders, that's what I meant may have been changed.

I've seen hosts screw up things wonderfully on auto-upgrades of cPanel.

MU gives instructions to your server to unpack the plugins. If the server prevents moving around of the files, MU can't change the permissions.

6. Melton
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am using the MU personally so it should be alright, what files are you talking about the permissions?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The folders on the server. Look at them via ftp. Check the permissions and ownership.

8. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

A folder like wp-content/plugins folder might need to be CHMOD to 777 for the plugin to be installed the WP plugins folder.

9. Melton
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am still getting this after moving to another server and trying it on another account.. I will try to find a solution..

10. Melton
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looking at my WP-Contents folder I see lots of .tmp files that are stored there of the plugins that I want to upgrade. I am guessing it's an error.

11. Melton
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have done a clean install and it still isn't updating. I am guessing it must be the server.

12. Melton
    Posted 14 years ago #

Somehow it has been fixed... O-O well I will post what I find out.

About this Topic