The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WU Install using Simplescripts (6 posts)

1. Gerilp
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm hosted on BlueHost and I used Simplescripts to download Buddypress. One tech said that MU automatically downloads when you download Buddypress and another told me to install it separately. I don't know anything about coding. Does anyone know the answer?

2. mercime
    Posted 14 years ago #

"One tech said that MU automatically downloads when you download Buddypress"
    You mean with their script? Never heard of such thing. That'll be super if that were true. But you need to do so much more than that.
    Read This - http://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/setting-up-a-new-installation/

In summary, download WPMU and get it running on your server. Once you have that installed, you can auto-install BuddyPress from WPMU's admin dashboard via Plugins > Add New

3. Gerilp
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you so much.

4. thefiddler
    Posted 13 years ago #

I've got a related question. So MU is now part of WP 3. Doing a manual install, there's supposed to be an option asking if you want a normal (single site) install or MU, right? If you're installing with SimpleScripts, is there a way to make the selection for the MU options install?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Doing a manual install, there's supposed to be an option asking if you want a normal (single site) install or MU, right?

No, there isn't.

In 3.0, to turn on the multiple blogs in the network, you have to edit the config file.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Because it requires more knowledge than just flipping a button, and you also have to make sure your webhost will support different install options, it was decided to go this way.

6. thefiddler
    Posted 13 years ago #

Oh. Okay. Thanks andrea.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Gerilp
  • Latest reply from thefiddler