The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

serveral wordpress`es in one domain? (6 posts)

1. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

so, i got a head ace after i figured out how hypebeast.com and other sites uses ex: wordpress in their article area, wordpress MU in their blog area and wordpress in their features area..

Now, here is my question, the header is global and through out the site, this i can get my head around.. The theme is basically visually the same but how do they make it all go under hypebeast.com/blogs, /features and so on? is there a simple ftp/dns edit i cant get my head around?

F

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

?

They have multiple copies of the same theme in each install. The header file woudl be exactly the same in all of 'em.

3. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

yup, im trying this now... i dumped WPMU in .no/blogs directory and i am dumping WP in main directory as i am writing this, alot of testing, screaming and hight testosterone levels the next hours i guess...

when i finally get the WP "briged" with WPMU and get it working as i want to i have to try to figure out how to put the main theme sitewide, so when a user creates a blog the automatically get the mother theme (i guess this is fixed by just deleting the other themes from WP-content directory) and then try to get them to contain the same menu and sidebar as the "mother theme " :)

ill get there somehow i guess :)

4. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

NOW i hit a problem...

how do i make the theme menu allways show " Home, Forum, Blogs " and so on? and allways link to the same url. as in : in WP i parent directory the blogs button links to the WPMU where the blogs are, but i cant get the menu in WPMU to link back to parent directory mydomain.no when i hit "Home", it links to mydomain.no/blogs..

how do i get it to link to mydomain.no ?
    And, how do i get my Avatar list(sidebar widget for listing of avatars that links to the blog they have created) to automaticly pull users from mydomain.no/blogs ?

5. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

And now i am also trying to figure out how to make the sidebar constant.. as in when a user create a new blog, they get the custom theme we made with the sidebar widgets/plugins already activated, and ofcourse the header from the main directory?

MAIN MENU: must it be custom made within the theme, and that way always be a constant in all the blogs?

Sidebar:
    must i integrate the sidebar ads,video(an em bedder), meta and so on within the theme and then when i edit the theme every time an ad dates out upgrade the blogs through upgrade all blogs button within my .no/blogs WPMU?

another, more boring way is to back end all the blogs and activate plugins and set the sidebar up as it should be, with a warning that says if you edit it, the blog will be deleted?

I dont know another way with the main menu...

it was all so much easyer with a single WPMU, hehe :P

6. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

this thread is now dead.. ;)
    starting a new one...

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by onakosano
  • Latest reply from onakosano