The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blog surfer or feed of subscribed blogs? (9 posts)

1. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there any sort of wordpress.com "blog surfer" functionality in wpmu? In an older thread where this was asked Andrea said she thought it was in the mu-admin bar plugin but I have installed it and can't find it. What am I missing? The idea of a plugin from automatic that integrates the twitter api for wpmu seems weird when I can't see a feed of the blogs I subscribe to anyway. Forgive me if I'm an idiot right now.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah, the mu-admin bar also had an add-on from drmike to show the next or random blog.

on my way out, or i'd dig it up.

3. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Andrea. I'm not sure if I'm being clear but what I am thinking of in wordpress.com is a chronological feed of posts from all blogs you follow like twitter. You can then scroll through these. Is that really in mu-admin bar somewhere or in the drmike plugin and I just missed it?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ah! Nah, that's different.

Something like that is in this really old plugin:
    http://72.9.108.52/xsnp-devel-2007-12-17.tar.bz2
    (if it's still there - original site is down)

It's buried in there with other stuff, but probably extractable.

And it was still working in 2.8.6.

5. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Awesome. Is this in the Xiando set of features? If so, I was trying to download that a week or so ago with no luck then either. If anyone knows where else to find that please let me know. Thanks a bunch Andrea.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep.

I'll see if I can upload it somewhere for ya.

7. jmunn
    Posted 13 years ago #

A little bump in case anyone still has the xiando social code and would share it with me.

I'm hoping to create a custom loop that shows only posts from blogs on your install you are subscribed to. It seems like buddypress might be able to do it with the bp_has_blogs loop. Thanks everybody.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Do I have your email?

9. jmunn
    Posted 13 years ago #

Don't think so. Thanks.
    munnjameswork
    [at]
    gmail

About this Topic