The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Trailing Slash Issue on IIS - Using IIS rewrite (2 posts)

1. sethcarstens
    Posted 14 years ago #

The URL I'm working on is:
    http://mycorpsolutions.com/index.php

Setup = shared hosting, IIS7 with rewrite enabled in IIS, wordpress MU 2.7.1 installed to MySQL database. Cookie fix already implimented to fix admin login issue.

Problems: First thing you will notice is that if you try to visit the home page link... it doesn't work. Only visiting the index.php will pull up the site. Next you will notice rewrite is working by checking the link to the example blog post. FINALLY you get to the trailing slash issue, by noticing the link in the bottom right corner to "Create a New Blog" is missing the trailing slash.

I've seen lots of post fixing problems "similar" to this in the .htaccess file but nothing to fix my IIS rewrite. I already checked and my wp-config has the $base= "/", so thats not my slash problem. I'm totally stumped at this point. Anyone have any ideas? I'll repost the wordpress codex example of IIS rewrite.

<system.webServer>
        <rewrite>
          <rules>
            <rule name="Main Rule" stopProcessing="true">
              <match url=".*" />
              <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll">
                <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
                <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" />
              </conditions>
              <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php/{R:0}" />
            </rule>
          </rules>
        </rewrite>
      </system.webServer>
  2. sethcarstens
    Posted 14 years ago #

Edit - Ok it randomly started working, making me think it could have been a cache or dns issue.

Problems: First thing you will notice is that if you try to visit the home page link... it doesn't work.

Also, I know the subdomain test link throws an error, I don't believe it has anything to do with the trailing slash issue, and I'll troubleshoot that later.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by sethmatics
  • Latest reply from sethmatics