The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

I must be blind - registration is disabled -but where? (10 posts)

1. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

am kicking myself - could not got to SF the last minute a disaster struck here in the office.
    Also, tested a theme [wucoco] - it destroyed my site.
    So, am back to square one = could not fix anything, nearly every DB table was scrambled.
    So - am strutting another - umptiest time - fresh installation, with now the WP default theme.[for now].
    But users can not register: this is what I get:
    Registration Disabled
    User registration is currently not allowed.

In my older version [3 months ago] I had an option where I could check or uncheck this.
    That option appearently is no longer there.
    Any suggestions how and where I "enable" user signups?
    Thats the purpose of the whole thing - right?

And another question = hope you had a good time in SF - my head was there but my body was laboring to fix office problemes. So, am hoping that there will be another "camp" one of these days.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Where in the attempt do they get that error?

I don't know of a "Turn off registrations" option on the r712 version. (Don't see one either.)

I missed SF. :(

Maybe next year.

3. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://nanothat.com/wp-register.php

tried it with several themes, because at first I thought it may be a theme problem [am still trying to get the wucoco theme going, because it's got everything I want.
    Currently just have the org theme showing, cause needed to test if it was me that screwed up or if it's a theme problem.
    I contacted the author, but he has no high priority to fx the theme for MU. Although I jnow, that it is not a large problem, since everything works except the center block.

well, but anyway - the user registration IS a problem though.
    I have not modified any core code - so, its really weird.

4. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

just tried wp-signup.php and actually get the page.
    So, I guess, it would not make a difference - or does it - if either register or signup is used?

[ignore the aweful layout/colors] on the signup page:
    http://nanothat.com/wp-signup.php

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

/drmike slaps himself.

wp-signup.php is the one you want. wp-register.php was an old file that got deleted in 705.

6. thebman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello. Has anyone discovered a fix for this problem. I am facing it too and it has me boggled. I don't even have wp-signup.php anywhere in my file structure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bryan

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sounds like you're missing the file if not other things. What version are you running? Do you have a wp-register.php in root? You might want to reinstall using the nightly version since that's up to date if you're not using that one. The fix is to have the file in place. :)

8. thebman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Where did you find the wp-signup.php file? Do I need to download it someplace?

9. thebman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks drmike. Yes, I have wp-register.php in the root. However, like I said, it does not allow members to register. I hate to sound like an amature (I'm not), but I have no idea where to find the "nightly" version that you mentioned. I looked around the Wordpress site with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Bryan

10. thebman
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike-

I found the nightly version. I should be able to get it installed no problem. Thanks so much for your help!!

Bryan

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by activebiz
  • Latest reply from thebman