The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Installing Wordpress mu in the root directory/subdirectory (5 posts)

1. eatanicecream
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi guys, hope someone can help me!

I've currently installed Wordpress in a subdirectory of my site (wdm.org.uk/localgroups). I run our main site (wdm.org.uk) on Drupal.

Now, I've realised that there is a problem because any blogs created with Wordpress mu will appear as wdm.org.uk/localgroups/blog rather than wdm.org.uk/blog which is what I'd wanted.

I presume that if I was to reinstall Wordpress mu in the root directory there would be a conflict with the already existing Drupal installation there... Any suggestions?

2. illis
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi, I have the exact same problem, though I'm hoping I'll get subdomains for the blogs.

I'd like the main WPMU to reside in mydomain.com/main and the blogs would then be something.mydomain.com. In my case, there's a pre-existing Drupal installation at mydomain.com (also accessible via http://www.mydomain.com).

So far, the main blog works ok, but those subdomain blogs seem to get a /main suffix, e.g. blogname.mydomain.com/main.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. illis
    Posted 14 years ago #

It turns out this is apparently impossible, see here.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Pretty much. Best bet may be to get a new domain (ie the *.net if the original is a *.com) and run it in it's own account.

5. eatanicecream
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh, that sucks. Will have to buy a new domain then I guess.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by eatanicecream
  • Latest reply from eatanicecream