The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

First step of installation goes to blank screen (7 posts)

1. dbanksdesign
    Posted 14 years ago #

So I downloaded the newest version of wordpress mu (2.9.1), uploaded all the files to my root directory of my site (godaddy unlimited unix hosting with dedicated IP). I added the wildcard DNS record for subdomains, added a mysql database.

However, when I navigate to the site to go through the installation steps, all I get is a LONG load time resulting in a blank page. I've tried going to /index.php and /index-install.php to no avail.

I've tried deleting all the wordpress files and re-uploading; doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sungho
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same problem.

apache log file shows:
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_die() in /opt/htdocs/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1147

3. sungho
    Posted 14 years ago #

Problem solved! I forgot to create database named 'wordpress'. You must create it before clicking the
    submit button.

4. dbanksdesign
    Posted 14 years ago #

That is not my problem. I cannot even get to the FIRST installation screen (i.e. I cannot even put in my database name/password etc.). This is a different, and still unresolved problem.

5. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you checked your error logs?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It could be GoDaddy as well.

7. dbanksdesign
    Posted 14 years ago #

I think Godaddy might just be weird. I turned on error logging and re-uploaded the install files and got the installation page to come up. I installed it fine, but got the blank page after installation. Wordpress MU seems to be installed fine, but since I got a blank page, no email was sent out/no password given, so I just used a SQL command to reset all passwords and I could log in fine.

Thanks for all of your help.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by dbanksdesign
  • Latest reply from dbanksdesign