The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Another Install Works but stuck at Login Screen (5 posts)

1. jamess@hornsby-house.co.uk
    Posted 14 years ago #

Having problems with a failed initial admin log on that recognises the generated password but just returns to the log in screen.

Does Wordpress MU work on an internal IIS website? I have several other non wordpress sites on the same box working perfectly well.

W2k3 R2 and IIS 6. Standard wordpress sites are not a problem.

User permissions do not seem to be the problem and I have tried just about every configuration on the inital set up screen I can think of. There is no sign of the 'www' problem described in the previous thread and I am not trying to do anything 'clever'! Just a straightforward install.

Any ideas welcome - very.

James

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

subirectory or subdomain install?

WPMU really needs mod_rewrite to work, and IIS 6 doesn't come with url rewriting as standard.

3. jamess@hornsby-house.co.uk
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've tried both with the same result.

I can see the blog splash screen with the back button from the admin log in screen but of course can go no further as registration is disabled. Is there any way that I can install/set up URL rewriting in IIS or have I to bite the bullet and install Apache?

I could enable registration by setting the flag in the DB but I'm not sure that this would help much in being able to login to the Admin pages?

Thanks in advance

James

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

URL re-writing in IIS is done through a third party module (I think its native in IIS 7)

5. jamess@hornsby-house.co.uk
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for that. I'll investigate it further and have another look at IIS7.

If I manage it I'll post the result in case it's of interest to others.
    Thanks again - it's much appreciated

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jamess@hornsby-house.co.uk
  • Latest reply from jamess@hornsby-house.co.uk