The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Push posts to another WPMU instance autpmatically? (9 posts)

1. Karl Jacobs
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,

I am currently developing an internal corporate news site that will be WPMU based, in addition to our current WPMU install. I am also going to be deploying an external WPMU instance.

What I need to do is to be able to push specific posts that are published on the internal new site to the external site based on categories and/or tags (or custom fields). The goal is to have an author publish once on the news portal, and if it should go external add a "external" tag or something similar, so it would automatically be pushed to the external instance.

If this can be done, I want to expand it so I can push posted content to specific customer sites, as well as other external sites, some of which are not running Wordpress.

Note that the external sites can NOT see the internal "parent" server, so it cannot be a data pull, it MUST be a push to the external sites.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Any ideas?

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hm...theoretically you could combine a post by email plugin with another custom plugin to do this... It's definitely not out of the box behavior, though.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

4. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

I don't think that one will work for him - as it's intended for blogs all on the same site/network. He's talking about 2 different sites/networks. (I'm slowly integrating the new network terminology....)

5. Karl Jacobs
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sounds like I might need to hire a developer for this one.. :-)

6. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you do take the custom developer route, look into the xml-rpc hooks.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Shoot, yeah. Gotta go for custom.

8. Karl Jacobs
    Posted 14 years ago #

But that broadcast plugin might come in handy for another site that I'm doing internally.. :-)

9. miklb
    Posted 14 years ago #

I was going to recommend looking at http://sourcedfrom.com/wordpress/, then I re-read your post and see that what you are looking for isn't what this does. However, for people searching this topic in the future, it might fit the bill.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Karl Jacobs
  • Latest reply from miklb