The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Permissions and (10 posts)

1. dreamer81
    Posted 17 years ago #

I dont want the users on my site to be able to edit pages. Well how do i fix that?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You mean the main blog of your WPMU or the pages of their own blogs?

Main blog - Then don't add them to your user access for your blog.

Their own blogs - What's the point then?

3. dreamer81
    Posted 17 years ago #

When a user registers they are automatically in the editors group.I want them to be in the authors group, because then they cannot manage pages, but they can still write in their blog..

how do i fix that?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Huh?

When a user signs up for an account in MU, they get their own blog. They should be admin on that blog. They should NOT be any level of anything on any other blog on the system.

Unless, perhaps, you added them with a script somewhere?

5. dreamer81
    Posted 17 years ago #

There is still something called authors, editors, subscribers, contributor..

I want newly created users to be in the authors groups. Now they go into the editors group.

An author cannot edit things on the mainpage. That is what I want to accomplish.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

There is still something called authors, editors, subscribers, contributor.

Agreed.

Now they go into the editors group.

No, now they get their own blogs and are assigned as Admins of their own blogs.

This is where we're losing you as what is occuring on your setup is not normal behavior for a MU install.

I also asked you were they were and how they registering within your MU install (ie as new users on the main blog or on one of the already generated blogs) but you never answered that question.

7. wame
    Posted 17 years ago #

how do you delete your blog site...i don't want it anymore?

8. dreamer81
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, I made a normal installation of MU. And the users register at the main page of my blog.

But i think i might have missunderstood the concept of multiusers then.

What I want to achieve is that each registered user get their own blog, but they cannot edit anything on the mainblog. They can now! Like they can edit the about page etc etc...

9. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 17 years ago #

I tried to get the same result, I'll give an example.

We have ADMIN, USER and USER1

ADMIN = domain.tld
    USER = USER.domain.tld
    USER1 = USER1.domain.tld

If you go to USER.domain.tld/wp-login.php and login as USER you go to the administration area. You can post and edit your own blog.

If you go to domain.tld/wp-login.php and login as USER, it appears as you have gone straight into the ADMIN administration panel, but actually it automatically redirects to USER.domain.tld

The same happens if USER tries to login to USER1.domain.tld, they just get redirected to their own admin panel.

You'll only get into a blog you've been allowed to get into. Otherwise it will redirect (with no warning that you have been redirected).

Hope this explains things.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"And the users register at the main page of my blog.

But i think i might have missunderstood the concept of multiusers then."

Are they using the register link on the sidebar of that blog (which you should remove), or are they going to the actually signup page for the system? They should be directed (by you) to signup at http://yourdomain.com/wp-signup.php

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by dreamer81
  • Latest reply from andrea_r