The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem with media uploader (fine in Quick Press) (4 posts)

1. sdsenthil
    Posted 14 years ago #

kindly anyone give the help.
    I struck with my 2 MU sites with huge userbase.

Everything was fine upto 26/Feb/2010.

Media uploader is fine in Quick Press, but it's not working in normal Add New Post. If I select the files, the all files are uploaded in the correct folder, but not showing in media library and not showing after upload completed, just empty..

It seems, the problem in inserting the file names to the database after the upload completed or the process aborted before the database entry.

I check the browser log, it show the following error:
    'J.parentNode' is null or not an object.

Both MU sites have the same problem. I did nothing and nothing is changed.

I tried by replacing the .htaccess with new one and removing plugins (even all plugins). but nothing helped....

It's weird....

2. sdsenthil
    Posted 14 years ago #

found the exact issue...

check out the media upload url, see the post_id, it's in negative number. just remove the (-)minus sign from the URL, the uploader will work fine.

http://bfora.com/wp-admin/media-upload.php?post_id=-1267267281&type=image&TB_iframe=true

but I have to check the php files, to know where the URL is generated to fix the issue. If anyone found place, let us know.

Regards,
    Senthil

3. sdsenthil
    Posted 14 years ago #

here is my quick fix by modifying the REQUEST variable in media_upload.php.

place the following line:
    $_REQUEST['post_id'] = str_replace($_REQUEST['post_id'],'-','');

under the following line in media_upload.php,
    $post_id = isset($post_id)? (int) $post_id : 0;

also, I always wonder that such issues never fixed or even replies by fellow programmers in this forum. This issue is notified by few users 2 or 3 weeks before, but no answers.

I always found the fixed for my issues.
    Anyway I am happy to fix the issue and help others.

This is the quick fix, even I don't know why the post_id generated with negative value. If anybody found the reason let me know, so I can help/support this community further.

Regards,
    Senthil

4. nallejacobsson
    Posted 13 years ago #

Thank you Senthil, I had the exact same problem in standard Wordpress 2.9.2, this solved my problem!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by sdsenthil
  • Latest reply from nallejacobsson