The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New blog is duplicated (6 posts)

1. Romik84
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,

I was not able to find a solution for this issue in the forum so I am sorry if I ask it again. I am using WP MU 2.9.1.1 and I get such problem that when someone creates a new blog the blog is duplicated more times, maybe 30x. I receive the alert emails 30 times and in admin interface I also see the blog is duplicated. I am using also Blog Defaults plugin which also doesn't work properly but when I create a new blog as admin it works OK. Am I missing something?

Roman

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'd say a plugin was screwing it up.

3. Romik84
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well, I think the multiple blogs are created because of this (checked on FF3.5 and IE6):

I on sign up page and enter username and email. Then click Next. Then I enter blog domain and blog title. Then I get the message "Congratulations! Your new blog, link, is almost ready" but when I click on the blog link it redirects me back to the sign up page. I can do this 20, 50 times and I will not receive the activation email. And that's why the issue happens. Don't know the problem.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"but when I click on the blog link it redirects me back to the sign up page"

because the blog hasn't been activated yet.

If you're not getting the activation emails, that;s a seperate issue.

And if you're the site admin, why are you using the public facing signup page? Just go to Site Admin -> BLogs and add the blogs there. They won't need activation then.

5. Romik84
    Posted 14 years ago #

ok, I have tried another email and I got the activation link. I clicked and redirected to the activation link. In status bar I saw some work and then the blog was activated (maybe after 30 seconds), but 35 times and with no defaults and with default Kubrick theme.

6. Romik84
    Posted 14 years ago #

you were right, it was Simple Tags plugin. Thanks for the idea :).

About this Topic