The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Just upgraded to WPMU 2.9.2. Dashboard icons gone missing (Safari Mac) (6 posts)

1. JsonB123
    Posted 14 years ago #

They are missing on the latest version of Safari (4.0.4) on Mac OS X Snow Leopard...but appear in their place for Firefox (3.5.7), same platform.

I see the little icon next to Site Admin but none of the others...strange.

2. JsonB123
    Posted 14 years ago #

Also, just noticed that the dropdown for "templates" on pages are missing for me now too...and this is happening for both Firefox and Safari, same versions and platform above.

I was just using 2.9.1.1 without any problems...methinks its 2.9.2 but I want to be sure.

3. juanomatic
    Posted 14 years ago #

I too just upgraded to WPMU 2.9.2, running Safari 4.0.4 with Mac OS 10.6.2, but I do have my Dashboard icons.

My problem is that I can't connect to any of my blogs via XML-RPC, so I can't use the WordPress iPhone app nor any other desktop software, such as MacJournal, etc. The iPhone app reports a "communication error" and a "parse error." MacJournal reports an "unknown communication error." Anyone else having this or a similar problem?

4. JsonB123
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah...I tried disabling all my plugins, etc...but they were all very essential to the site I'm building and I really don't feel like finding/fixing all the issues with them to upgrade to 2.9.2, so I just downgraded back to 2.9.1.1. The issue I was having with my templates not loading is that I created a "one-button" install that does some general setup to any sub-blogs that are created. Everything worked except using the switch_theme function because when I navigated to the "Appearance" section of a sub-blog the default template was still selected. This doesn't happen with 2.9.1.1...same exact code; well, for the plugins and my code anyway, not for the core.

Guess that's what I get for upgrading too quickly!

5. kgraham
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just upgraded as well and now none of my thumbnail images are loading on any of my image galleries. I tried using NextGen Gallery and Lazyest Gallery, both give the same result so it's not a result of the plugin. Something is wrong somewhere with 2.9.2.

6. ibankcoin
    Posted 13 years ago #

RE: Templates drop-down menu missing

I solved this problem by switching themes, and then re-activating the original.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by JsonB123
  • Latest reply from ibankcoin