The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

My site is gone. What does this error message mean? (4 posts)

1. jebmusic
    Posted 14 years ago #

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jebmusic/public_html/wp-content/themes/platinum-bundle/platinum/child-theme/functions.php:53) in /home/jebmusic/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 868

That's the error message. You can see it at http://www.musicrepdb.com

How do I fix this? I don't know anything about php or coding, but I was trying to change the footer credits by editing a php file according to the instructions that I i got. I believe I've undone anything that I did (because it didn't do the job) and it was working fine, then all of a sudden I couldn't reach the site.

This is quite scary and if someone can tell me how to fix this it would be a huge help.

Thanks. J

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

You've managed to put a blank line after a closing php tag. So look in the functions.php file for that theme.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It's normal behavior for errors on MU-based sites. Please go post over at musupport.net where we can help you out with this.

4. jebmusic
    Posted 14 years ago #

"You've managed to put a blank line after a closing php tag. So look in the functions.php file for that theme. "-Thanks Steve.
    Can you give a little more detail for a beginner.
    Thanks

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jebmusic
  • Latest reply from jebmusic