The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to rename wordpress-mu to blog (5 posts)

1. weeblewobble
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello all,

this may the easiest thing to do but im not sure how. I would like to rename the wordpress-mu to "blog". I have read up and the only thing i can find is to change the name in config.php and rename it.

I found "wordpress-mu" in 2 places in config.php and changed it to reflect "blog" and i renamed the folder, but i get errors. The site wont show up.

Can someone please direct me with every step i have to take to change it as i would really like to call it "blog".

Right now its at http://www.mysitename.com/wordpress-mu/

Thanks for any help.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

You'll need to do a search and replace across the database. If this is a new install then it might be easier to delete it all and start again.

3. weeblewobble
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks SteveAtty,

Its a fairly new site, but ive done some work on it already.
    And if i decide to re-install it, is that all i would have to do, is change the config.php and rename the folder?

Is there anything i can add in a file, that can say to change "wordpress-mu" to "blog" and would change it all for me?

Thanks again!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there anything i can add in a file, that can say to change "wordpress-mu" to "blog" and would change it all for me?

No. It's littered throughout the database. That's why Steve said you'll need to do a find & replace or reinstall. (The reinstall will only blow away the content in the database, it won't clear out the plugisn & themes you've added, just any db saves)

Also, if you've chosen a subfolder install with blogs int he format of yoursite.com/username, then in MU the main blogs' permalinks have /blog/ append to them, so if you install in a folder called "blog" you'll get permalinks like this in the main blog:

yoursite.com/blog/blog/2010/03/08/this-is-weird/

5. weeblewobble
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks all!

Ive re-installed it how i wanted it.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by weeblewobble
  • Latest reply from weeblewobble