The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Ajax-powered stream of posts plugin? (5 posts)

1. Lukich
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi. I'm researching MU for an upcoming project and one of the requirements that it has is to auto load a truncated version of the new posts in different blogs onto the main page. So every time somebody posts to the site in their own blog, the info is immediately visible. Is there a plugin that lets me do that? I found this one: http://www.ronalfy.com/2009/10/26/wordpress-static-random-posts-widget/
    which is in the same ball part, but it needs to be ajax-driven. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Luka

2. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Look into the sitewide-tags plugin combined with a custom theme. The plugin will automatically copy new posts on sub-blogs to the main blog. Then you just need a theme that does the ajax part you're looking for. The only theme I've seen with dynamic updated content like that is the P2 theme, but you would probably want to dissect the code and repurpose it for a design that works for your site. Be aware though that the P2 theme puts a lot of load on the server and even Donncha (the lead wpmu dev) took it off his blog because of that.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

And the auto-truncated part would be displaying the_excerpt instead of the_contet. Just fyi. ;)

4. Lukich
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you!

5. Lukich
    Posted 14 years ago #

andrea_r: right, that's what I meant to say. Thanks!

About this Topic