The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Limit User Blog Total Disk Space (8 posts)

1. ljmyers
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there a way to limit the total space of user blogs (per blog) or is there a plugin that will help me do this?

I see the total upload size aloud in the admin area but I cannot find a way to limit the total space used by any given user blog and don't seem to be able to search out a plugin.

Thanks up front . . .
    Lana

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

What else,apart from upload space, are you worried about?

3. Nick_theGeek
    Posted 14 years ago #

Under "Site Admin/Options" you will find towards the bottom "Blog upload space check" with radio buttons "enabled" and "disabled" below that "Blog upload space" with a field next to "MB." This will be more than suficient to limit the space of the blog uses unless your users are copying a few encyclopedias of text.

(It should be right above upload size)

4. ljmyers
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks Nick . . . I had already done that and if that takes care of it, great! My concern was that some users may end up with gigantic blogs. Unless I decide to start charging a bit, that wouldn'r be such a great thing. ultimately, I do hope to make it a money making site.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The total upload space only constrains the amount they have available for file uploads. If they never upload any media, but write 10,000 word posts - that doesn't count. ;)

6. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

And if you've worried about the number/size of posts in the database .... I'd recommend looking for another host.

7. ljmyers
    Posted 14 years ago #

I use hostpc.com because they have great prices and are really helpful when needed so that isn‘t so much a concern. I'm only thinking ahead and tend to think conservatively at that.

Thanks Guys :)

8. Defends
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks,info friend

About this Topic