The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Under spam-bot atack (9 posts)

1. davidnobrega
    Posted 14 years ago #

My Community is under attack since I did last WPMU update (2 days ago). reCaptcha, SI Captcha and WPMU Super CAPTCHA aren´t working to block those spammers.
    Any idea?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Have you blocked any IP addresses?

3. davidnobrega
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just at "Banned email domains". can I block directly IP? If yes, I don´t know how to...

EDIT***

I was looking for a good idea in Google and see this link: http://wpmu.org/get-rid-of-splogs-once-and-for-all/

I did what she told to do with htaccess. Let see if it works.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

can I block directly IP? If yes, I don´t know how to...

Yeah, usually on the web account level, outside of MU entirely.

5. davidnobrega
    Posted 14 years ago #

Txs Andrea. I found what you mean and fix it. But I got tons of different IP´s here. Isn´t easy to block one-by-one... Hard work eh?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep. If the first few section of the IP are the same, then you can block a range at once.

7. cogmios
    Posted 14 years ago #

Can we somehow share those IP's? (then we can all block them!)

8. leewells
    Posted 13 years ago #

davidnobrega,

Download the latest version of Super CAPTCHA. I have made several improvements to it including adding a logging mechanism of logging suspicious bot activity.

I'm pretty decent at text recognition software and on every captcha system I've created, I've yet to be able to break it nor can anyone I ask break it either (they can but with a 3% success rating which is very low) What I have found out is that some people actually have humans to go through and create account after account. The best thing to do in these cases is use WP-Ban to ban their IP addresses, browser agents (that doesn't match other people), and host names.

9. kgraeme
    Posted 13 years ago #

Akismet

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by davidnobrega
  • Latest reply from kgraeme